• Question: is being a scientist hard?

Asked by tech1apt on 13 Mar 2024. This question was also asked by teed1tab, made1she, have1kart.
    • Photo: Martin McCoustra

Martin McCoustra answered on 13 Mar 2024:

Yes, it can be difficult at times. But, I enjoy being a scientist and it often becomes more interesting as a job when things are hard to solve. However, I will say, I don’t like doing adminstrative work and try to avoid it as much as possible.

• Photo: Sharron Kenny

Sharron Kenny answered on 21 Mar 2024:

it can be but the longer you are a scientist the more confidence you develop and when problems come up chances are youve seen them already before so know how to deal with it better and better

• Photo: Blair Johnston

Blair Johnston answered on 14 Jun 2024:

It can be hard but that’s also what makes it so rewarding. The feeling when you make progress or solve a problem makes it all worthwhile. If a job was easy then I would probably be less interested and engaged. It’s more fun to push yourself to overcome challenges rather than drift through your career without ever testing yourself!